Latest Posts

No Added Sugar Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

By 17:13 , , , , ,


No Added Sugar Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins!

This recipe is adapted from V's Kitchen, and I saw Mr & Mrs Vegan make a delicious looking one on Instagram! ☺
The change I made was to omit the 1/2 cup olive oil (I ran out) and replace it with soymilk and peanut butter. It turned out a bit kueh-like (which is always the case when oil is omitted) but I found it really enjoyable!
Bananas + Chocolate + Peanut Butter is always a winning combination ;)

Made mostly with oat flour because I ran out of my usual spelt flour! Surprisingly, it didn't turn out dense and hard-as-a-rock, but its was moist and fluffy! I found it bit too much on the moist side at first, but after cooling properly it firmed up. And this also means that leaving it in the fridge for a couple of days won't make it dry out too much! ☺

I used homemade chocolate for this. I stirred the batter too much after adding in the chocolate, so they kinda melted and disappeared into the batter. :X
These photos were taken a day after baking, by the way.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 10 medium-sized muffins
 
Ingredients
  • 4 medium-sized ripe bananas (I used 3 large)
  • 1 1/2 cup flour (I used 1/4 cup spelt flour and 1 1/4 cup oat flour)
  • 150ml soymilk/other milk of choice*
  • 1/4 cup natural peanut butter*
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup chopped up chocolate (I used homemade dark chocolate)
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • Note: For a less kueh-like (low-fat) texture, use 1/2 cup oil in place of soymilk and PB
Method
 
  1. Mash/puree the bananas.
  2. Blend soymilk and PB together.
  3. Add the PB mixture and vanilla essence to bananas and mix well.
  4. Mix in the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
  5. Fold in the chia seeds and chocolate.
  6. Pour into well-oiled muffin cups (fill almost all the way up) and bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 35-40 mins, or until toothpick poked in the center comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments