Latest Posts

PB Banana Cups & Homemade Chocolate

By 09:45 , , ,

Peanut Butter Banana Cups!

My first try at making PB cups and chocolate from scratch! ☺
I've only tried Reese's PB cups once so I don't know how this measures up, but it was GOOD.
Perhaps I shouldn't compare.

A thick dark chocolate shell that cracks to reveal creamy peanut butter and melty, sweet banana.

The top layer looks a lighter shade than the bottom layer because I tried adding some soymilk to make the chocolate less thick - I added too much cocoa/carob powder and the chocolate became a thick, unflowy lump. >< But don't bother with the soymilk, it doesn't help!

Added cacao nibs on top to cover up the uneveness of the chocolate! :X I'm glad I did it though, gives a different texture and crunch!
I used silicon baking cups from Daiso (a $2 store). ☺
I probably have a million food-related items from Daiso in my kitchen now.

I used the remaining chocolate to make chocolate bark! But because I added too much cocoa/carob powder, it became too thick to pour -_-
Topped this with dried cranberries and freeze dried pineapple.

They do melt very quickly though :X
Next time, I'll try this with raw cacao and raw nut butter! ☺ And make sure I don't add too much cacao!!


Homemade Dark Chocolate
Recipe adapted from Veggienook
Can be made raw!
Rich and amazing.
This tastes slightly sweeter than Lindt's 99% chocolate. (Which I LOVED until I bought cacao nibs) So feel free to add more maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener) accordingly!
At first, I added 50g cocoa/carob to 50g coconut oil, but it was too thin. Then I added 15g more cocoa/carob, but it became too thick. So I added 20g coconut oil. It remained thick. -_- So.. just watch the amount of cocoa/carob/cacao you add in!!

Ingredients
  • 70g coconut oil, melted
  • 50-65g cocoa, carob, or raw cacao powder (or a mix of these)
  • 3 tbsp maple syrup, or more to taste

Method
  1. Sift cocoa into the melted coconut oil. Start with 50g. Mix well.
  2. Add in the maple syrup. Mix well.
  3. If chocolate is too thin, add in more cocoa, 5g at a time.
  4. Once desired consistency is reached, pour into molds or a tray and freeze for at least 30 mins.

PB Banana Cups

Ingredients
  • homemade dark chocolate
  • peanut butter (or other nut butter of choice)
  • banana, thinly sliced
  • cacao nibs (optional)

Method
  1. Press/pour chocolate into small silicon molds.
  2. If your chocolate is liquidy, freeze for 10 mins before continuing. If your chocolate is thick, skip this step.
  3. Place 1 banana slice on the chocolate.
  4. Drop about 3/4 tsp of peanut butter onto the banana slice.
  5. Place another banana slice on top.
  6. Press/pour in more chocolate
  7. Add cacao nibs on top if desired.
  8. Freeze for at least 30 mins. Enjoy! ☺

You Might Also Like

0 comments