Latest Posts

Banana, Passionfruit & PB Oat Crumble

By 17:03 , , , , ,

 
Melty, caramelised bananas and tart, tangy passionfruit seeds topped with a layer of crunchy and fragrant peanut butter oat crumble. ☺ With a drizzle of black tahini, a dollop of strawberry tofu mousse and a huge frozen strawberry half, garnished with mint leaves.
 
I planned to make a stop-motion-type video to upload onto Instagram but it didn't work out! I had trouble sending it into my phone (it's an iPhone), and then after following some how-to tutorials my video disappeared. And I put in a lot of effort too. -_- Oh well, at least I'm still posting most of the pictures here!
 
So here's a detailed step-by-step guide. It's actually really simple! ☺ This recipe serves one hungry person.

Preheat your oven to 180 deg C. Lightly coat a small baking pan with oil (I used olive oil baking spray). Slice 2 medium bananas and evenly lay them out. I recommend adding 1/2 heaped tbsp flaxseed meal to the base of the pan, and then adding about another 1/2 to 1 tbsp more as you layer the bananas. These pictures were from the first time I made it and it was a bit watery at the bottom. I tried it another time with the flaxseed meal and it turned out much better!
Continue adding all the bananas.
 

Sprinkle on some ground ginger and cinnamon. As much as you'd like!☺
Bake them in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the seeds of a passionfruit.

Add the PB oat crumble (recipe below). Then bake for another 30 mins. Cool and enjoy!

 
Peanut Butter Oat Crumble
Serves 1
This will also work great as a granola or a snack by itself! ☺

Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 heaping tbsp unsalted peanut butter
  • 1-2 tbsp water or mylk
  • 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
  • spices of choice: cinnamon, nutmeg etc
  • liquid sweetener if desired
Method
  1. Pulse 1 tbsp of the rolled oats in a food processor to make oat flour.
  2. Add the oat flour to the remaining oats. Add in the spices.
  3. Mix the PB and water/mylk as well as you can. Start with 1 tbsp liquid. Also, add in the sweetener of you choose to do so.
  4. Rub the PB mixture evenly into the oats. It should be crumbly but not too dry. If too dry, add 1/2 - 1 tbsp more liquid.
  5. Mix in the flaxseed meal.
  6. Pour over fruits if you're making a crumble, or alternatively just spread out on a well-oiled baking sheet.
  7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for about 10-15 mins. Cool and enjoy! ♡

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. How fun! I have never had passion fruit, maybe it is time to expand my horizons! I love that your recipe does not have any added processed fats! Yeepee!!! My kind of recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you like this! I've just had my first passionfruit a few days before making this, and it was wonderful! Enjoy!! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious! I LOVE passion fruit! Yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the step-by-step guide. Your bakes and parfaits are always so beautiful; must learn from you on how to layer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sabrina! :) Hehe this was really tedious to photograph and edit! :X

      Delete
  4. THis looks and sounds really good! I'm not a huge fan of passionfruit, but maybe I can leave it out or replace it with applesauce?
    Looking forward to reading more from you this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! This will work just as well if you leave out the passionfruit! :)

      Delete