Latest Posts

Lazy Day Food

By 13:40 , , ,

You know those days when you just don't feel like doing anything? Yup, it's one of those days. The nice cooling weather from the whole morning of rain totally isn't helping either! So I was planning to make a crepe or a single serve cake slice for breakfast but I ended up just having oatmeal and fruits, while looking at the blogs of fellow VeganMofo-ers through the wonderful blog generator, randomofo.com! And then I also intended to make a lovely shepard's pie, as seen on One Ingredient Chef, but I wasn't feeling it either (though I have cooked lentils in the freezer!). And then I could also have written a review of Onaka, a restaurant at ARC (Alexandra Retail Centre), which I've been putting of since Saturday when my family ate there. Well, it's clearly a lazy day, and it's the school holidays, so why fight it? ^^ Haha.
 
So for lunch, I used 1/2 cup of frozen coconut curry sauce, left over from Sunday dinner that Dad cooked, some cherry tomatoes that were going to spoil (they were slightly mouldy at the stalk end, which I chopped off), already-skinned jicama, mini portobellos (that have been in the fridge for a week), pea sprouts and alfalfa (both of which can't keep long). I topped it with black sesame seeds. I would've added some nutritional yeast but I was too lazy to open the new tub and find somewhere in my overcrowded cupboards to store it.
 
Lols this doesn't sound very appetising. But actually it was not bad. :x After melting the curry, I added the tomatoes first (I don't usually cook my tomatoes but I did so as a safety precaution. Hehe), then the pea sprouts and mushrooms and stirred it around for a couple of minutes before turning off the heat. Then I added the cubed jicama. I love that it gives such a juicy and refreshing crunch! After that, I poured it into an alfalfa nest in this bowl! ☺
I shall call this Leftovers Curry Stew.

Actually most of my lunches/dinners at home (that I don't Instagram) are somewhat like this, though without the curry, and with more ingredients!
 
Usually it goes like this, with one from each of the first 3 categories, and a few from the last 2.
Leaves: 1/2 cabbage, one pack of leafy greens
Starch: 1 medium Japanese sweet potato (my fave!) or other sweet potatoes, about 3/4 cup pumpkin, a few tbsp rolled oats
Protein-y stuff: 1 block firm tofu (150g), 1 tube silken tofu (250g), 1 pack tempeh (the 50 cent kind from Sheng Siong)
Others: 1 medium carrot, 8 cherry tomatoes, a couple of mushrooms
Spices & such: curry powder, turmeric, cracked black pepper, salt-free seasoning, nutritional yeast, parsley, lemon juice
Then I'll cook it with a bit of water in a non-stick pan at low heat! ☺
 
Now I'm off to go grocery shopping for the Nom Yourself Birthday Contest! I'd love love love to win a Vitamix. And the Nom Yourself Cookbook! Ahh so exciting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments