Latest Posts

Strawberry Banana Parfait with Coconut Toasted Oats

By 11:23 , , , , ,

 
Coconut Toasted Oats layered with vanilla tofu mousse, strawberry slices and banana hearts, topped with a messy, melty scoop of strawberry-banana soft serve and a generous sprinkle of cacao nibs. Garnished with a strawberry top. Because I'm out of fresh mint. Lols.

 
I didn't plan to post this here (as in, just on Instagram) because it's so simple, but it was so amazingly good! The oats, when toasted are more fragrant, have a bit of a crunch and they also have a somewhat... malty (?) taste. I'm not sure how to describe it, just try it for yourself! ☺
 

(Don't you just hate it when you take a photo at the same spot, just 10 minutes later, and the lighting's different?!)
 
Well, what is tofu mousse? It's just pureed silken tofu, with added ingredients such as
vanilla essence (used here),
liquid sweetener (stevia, maple syrup etc.),
fruits (banana, berries, apple, avocado etc.),
vegetables (beetroot, carrot etc.),
powdered stuff (black sesame powder, cacao/cocoa/carob powder).
 
People have asked me what type/brand of silken tofu I use, and it's the one above - Unicurd Silken Tofu, in the tube. It's the same as the Fairprice brand one, by the way. The other brand on the market is Fortune brand, which I don't prefer because it has a few times more saturated fat than this one!
 
For coconut toasted oats, just stir rolled oats and coconut flakes together on a non-stick pan on low heat, for about 5 mins or until the coconut flakes brown. For this parfait, I used 1/2 cup rolled oats and 1 tbsp coconut flakes (torn into smaller pieces).
 
I like Origins Organic Rolled Oats because the oats are thicker than most other brands, which makes it chewier and gives it more bite! ☺
 
For the strawberry-banana soft serve I blended frozen bananas and strawberries together. But it melted way too fast! Also my food processor thing (the extra small chopper that comes with a blender) doesn't make it very well. I'll try blending it before freezing and see how it turns out!

You won't regret trying this out! ☺

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Wow! That is absolutely beautiful presentation you've done there. I'm bookmarking this to try later this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I hope you'll like it! ^^

      Delete
  2. I simply adore your colorful dishes! I cannot wait to try them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so super beautiful how you arranged that whole thing - so pretty and yummy looking!

    ReplyDelete