Latest Posts

What to do with Almond Pulp - Make Raw Cookies!

By 14:10 , , , ,



 What's best with Raw Almond Milk? Raw 3-ingredient Cookies! ^^ These are super simple to make, and are soft and crumbly at room temperature, and chewy when frozen/refrigerated. The 3 ingredients are: almond pulp (of course), medjool dates and raw tahini!

I dried the almond pulp a little because it was still kinda clumpy. Also, I kept it in the fridge so it'll get more moist at room temperature because of condensation! Since I don't have a dehydrator, I left this in my oven for 1.5h, with the fan on, and the temperature turned to below 50 deg C.


Then, I pulsed 2 dates (edit: use 2-4 dates depending on desired consistency) in a food processor, with 1 tbsp water (would this count as an ingredient? o_o) because it didn't turn very well. It should form a thick paste. Added it to the dried almond pulp. ...Yes I know what it looks like :x Lols
Mix well and add about 4 tbsp raw tahini, or until the dough holds when you press it together! Shape the dough into cookies, or use a cookie cutter to mold it if you'd like (usually I would but I was lazy this time hehe).


This is the tahini I use. It's just made of hulled sesame seeds and it tastes great!




Optional add-ins: black sesame seeds, cacao nibs, hemp hearts.
Other ideas: goji berries, chia seeds, coconut flakes.
I just pressed the cookies into them but you could mix them in too! ☺


They're yummy just as they are, but I really love them frozen! They don't freeze solid but they'll have a lovely chewiness! Though my fingers do freeze a bit when holding them lols. Luckily they're just 2-bite cookies. ☺
Enjoyed with a cold glass of almond milk on a hot day. Bliss.
Of course I didn't eat them all in one sitting, but I did finish them in 24 hours. I want more! ♡‿♡
Raw 3-Ingredient Almond Pulp Cookies
Makes about 16 addictive two-bite cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 cup almond pulp
  • 2 large medjool dates
  • about 4 tbsp raw tahini
  • 1 tbsp water, if needed
  • Optional add-ins: black sesame seeds, cacao nibs, hemp hearts
Method
  1. Dry the almond pulp if it is damp or clumpy.
  2. In a food processor, blend 2 medjool dates into a thick paste. Add 1 tbsp water if needed.
  3. Add date paste and almond pulp together and mix in about 4 tbsp raw tahini, or until the dough holds when you press it together. Shape the dough into cookies, or use a cookie cutter to mold it.
  4. Roll in, or roll it in, whatever nuts/seeds you want.
  5. Enjoy immediately, or freeze for at least 20 minutes before savouring each bite ♡
Variations
Next time, I'll try it with black tahini, and perhaps other nut butters too!
And maybe add in some superfood powders: cacao, maca, acai etc.

What do you do with your almond pulp? ^^

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I'm liking the sound of these...simple and sweet! The healthy part is just icing on the vegan cake because I'm totes ok with some vegan junk food. This looks like it could definitely satisfy my sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, these are so guilt-free and yet they quenched my sugar cravings! :)

      Delete
  2. AWESOME idea...these look DELISH!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Totally craving for some now ;)

      Delete
  3. They look so yummy and I have some almond pulp waiting to be used. The only problem is that I can't find Tahini where I live. Any substitute ? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Any raw nut or seed butter should be fine! Though perhaps you'd need to add a bit more water since tahini is runnier & less viscous than other nut/seed butters :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Sorry, I'm not too sure because I've not tried to! They do taste great when raw though! Do give it a try :)

      Delete