Latest Posts

Rainbow Pizza ♡

By 12:49 , ,

Rainbow Pizza! (Actually I name things rainbow when just I can't decide what to name it :x ) A wholewheat chia thin-crust (not that thin, but as thin as my fingers could press it) pizza, topped with spicy tomato sauce, lemon-wasabi tempeh, red bell pepper, carrot, cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, french beans, brown shimeiji mushrooms, nutritional yeast, purple cabbage, parsley and black sesame seeds.


I used leftover dough from my Basic Savoury Chia Crackers for the crust, which has no rising agent so it worked out well as a thin-crust! Though next time I shan't be lazy; I'll use a rolling pin to make it thinner.


For the spicy tomato sauce, I blended 1/2 large ripe tomato, 1/2 medium red bell pepper, 1 medium chili (de-seeded), and about 2 tbsp beetroot shreds in a food processor. Then, I left it to strain (drink/save the juice!) and mixed the thick sauce with 1 tsp nutritional yeast, a dash of cayenne, and a crack of black pepper. 


The lemon-wasabi tempeh was surprisingly good! I didn't steam the tempeh beforehand (it's usually recommended if you're baking tempeh) but it didn't turn out dry and tough. :) I coated the tempeh in real wasabi, lemon juice, a crack of black salt and dried parsley.


I spread out the sauce on the pizza dough and baked for 8 mins in a preheated oven at 200 deg C, before adding on the other ingredients (except the purple cabbage, parsley and black sesame seeds) and baking for another 20 mins at 180 deg C.


Serve with a large salad and it's a quick and easy lunch for 2! :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments