Latest Posts

Pumpkin-Spice Quinoa Granola Clusters with Dried Strawberries ♡

By 10:13 , , ,

Pumpkin-Spice Quinoa Granola Clusters with Dried Strawberries! As usual, this has no added sugar or fat. I've not made granola in so long and I've almost forgotten how yummy and addictive it was. I made this a couple of days ago and it's nearly all gone! :)  

I'd like to say that this smells and tastes of fall but I've got no idea what fall feels like. Meh. If only Singapore had the four seasons.



 I've used lotsa pumpkin seeds in this because I've cooked a few pumpkins (such as this pumpkin stew) lately and didn't want to waste them! (Previously, on a few occasions, I left the seeds in the fridge for a few weeks and they turned sour and mouldy. Eww.)

To bind the clusters together, I used homemade roasted pumpkin puree. It's simply made by roasting 1/4 of a medium local pumpkin in the oven for about 40 mins at 180 deg C, then left to cool before scooping out the soft flesh and pureeing (without added liquid). I think it's slightly thicker & stickier than canned pumpkin puree, so if using canned you may want to use slightly less than the amount stated.

Other Granola Ideas here.


Pumpkin-Spice Quinoa Granola Clusters
Makes about 2 1/2 cups of deliciousness

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup rainbow quinoa
  • 1/2 cup homemade roasted pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit (strawberries + apricot + cranberries)
  • 1/2 tsp (or more) cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp (or more) nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp (or more) ground ginger
Method
  1. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except the pumpkin puree and dried fruit.
  2. Add the pumpkin puree to the granola mixture. (If you prefer fewer clusters, reduce amount of pumpkin puree). Stir together until well combined (though take note to not over-stir, or the oats will get mushy). You may want to use your hands for this!
  3. Spread evenly on a well-oiled baking sheet, or form into bars if you'd like.
  4. Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 mins at 180 deg C, stirring once midway to prevent burning.
  5. After 20 mins, or when granola looks crunchy and nicely browned, stir the dried fruit into the granola. 
  6. Leave it to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Simply adorable clusters! Love all of your colorful dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, firstly, I would like to say your blog is really really amazing! Your decoration are really very nice and well presented! And, I would like to ask, if there any things to look out for being a vegan? And what are the toughs things of being one? And how would you choose places to have your meals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That's so sweet of you to say! :') Are you considering becoming a vegan? :) I think the most difficult part isn't like a lack of food choices etc, but that there'll be many who will be sceptical about your 'extreme diet'. But just be resilient and perhaps you'll be able to change someone's perspective about meat-eating along the way! ;) Things to look out for... is to make sure you're eating enough! Meat tends to be higher in fat and calories so when switching over be prepared to eat more (in volume) than you expect! :) Which I think is great news because I get to eat all day! I usually cook for myself at home and bring a lunchbox & snacks for school, so I don't have any problem with my meals. But if I do eat out I'll make sure beforehand that there's something I can eat there! Most restaurants would be happy to customise your food for you. I hope this helps!! :)

      Delete