Latest Posts

Ice Cream Cone Food Art - with Banana-Tangerine Cake

By 09:52 , , , , ,

I started doing #foodartfriday on Instagram - so here's today's art!
It's an ice cream cone, with a banana-tangerine cake as the 'cone', and banana slices as the 'ice cream'.
Cone: banana-tangerine cake, raw tahini, strawberry & banana slices, cacao sauce
Ice cream: banana slices, cacao drizzle, pomegranate seeds, sunflower seeds


I think it looks more like an ice cream cone in this picture. Hehe.

This is inspired by @idafrosk on Instagram, and I love her feed for many interesting and cute (vegetarian) food art ideas!


I made a mould out of aluminium foil for the triangular cake! :) Glad it turned out well.

(Dad got me a set of nail-art pens lols <3)

After letting it cool slightly, I trimmed off the slightly rounded sides and cut it in half.

Other than the cake, here's some of the rest of the ingredients.

This was before adding the cacao sauce.

It was so good. Actually it's just the basic (3-ingredient) banana-oat cake, but I added half a tangerine so that it wouldn't brown. The tangerine taste is really subtle though... I should add one whole one next time I guess!
'Nomnomnom', goes the Chocolate Monster. 




Banana-Tangerine Cake
Serves 1

  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 medium banana
  • 1/2 small tangerine
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • dash of cinnamon (optional)
  1. Pulse oats into flour in a food processor. Add baking powder and cinnamon.
  2. Blend banana and tangerine together. Pour into dry ingredients.
  3. Mix well.
  4. Pour into a well-oiled tray.
  5. Bake at 180 deg C in a preheated oven for about 20 mins.

You Might Also Like

0 comments