Latest Posts

Chalet Food - Meal Prep for an Overnight Stay!

By 09:30 , , , ,

I went for a class chalet on 5th and 6th March, and as before, I packed my food along! I kinda prepped similar things to what I brought previously, but this is more high carb low fat*.
Dinner: brown rice with mixed veg and nutritional yeast, plus raw veggies
Supper: banana oat cake (2 vanilla and 1 carob)
Snacks: box of medjool dates and two apples
Breakfast: oat 'cookies' (rolled oats, banana, goji berries, pepitas, black sesame, cinnamon) with grapes and carrot sticks

*But I ended up consuming quite a lot of fat (and sodium) because I had aglio olio for lunch before the chalet and lunch after the chalet with my classmates! Haha. I couldn't be sure that the pasta itself didn't have egg (though I just Google-d and found that only freshly made pasta has eggs, and dry pasta is eggless) plus of course the pasta was cooked in the same pan as the meat dishes. But it's a compromise on my side like it was a compromise on my classmates' side, since they kinda put me first when considering where to eat. Aww <3
This was what I brought to the previous class chalet (6 months ago). 
Dinner: hasselback baked sweet potato, rainbow quinoa, french beans, raw mushrooms & cherry tomatoes
Supper: banana oat cake with a layer of unsalted peanut butter
Snacks: two apples and mixed nuts (to share)
Breakfast: oat 'cookies' (banana, oats, medjool dates, pepitas, cacao nibs, black sesame, cinnamon, nutmeg) with grapes and carrot sticks
It was about 1.6kg of food! Haha. I managed to prep these BEFORE an exam (because we were going to the chalet right after) and I'm quite amazed at myself LOL.

Dinner was quite filling. I cooked 1/2 cup rice (measured before cooking) on the stovetop and just added in nutritional yeast, spices and frozen mixed veggies! I also had a cup of sugar cane juice with dinner because I was THIRSTY.


I ended up not consuming the apples but I ate about half the box of dates and shared the rest. Good thing I brought dates, because we cycled for over 60km :x  (Everyone's legs were dying.)

My pee was like at a colour that I've probably never seen before omg. Because the chalet (Goldkist) was lousy and didn't have a water kettle. And it was so run down, so many bugs and had an ancient tv. The previously chalet (Chevron) was so much better, with sofa and big flat screen tv and aircon in the living room and good toilets. But of course there was lots more to do at East Coast!! :)

Banana-oat cakes. Pulse 1/2 cup rolled oats into flour in a food processor. Add in 1 medium pureed banana, 3/4 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (if desired). Bake for about 15 mins at 150 deg C. I added 1/2 tbsp raw carob to 1/3 of the batter too!

It's the holidays now WHEEEE! I will try my best to blog at least twice a week! I hope to be able to finish what I plan to do - instead of bumming around at home and watching dramas. And I can't wait for my upcoming Taiwan trip with my friends! :D 
*money saving mode on*
*healthy eating mode on*
*exercise-y mode not-quite on* (yet)

You Might Also Like

0 comments