Latest Posts

5-ingredient Blueberry Banana Choc Chip Muffins

By 09:08 , , , , , , , , , , ,

A super simple twist of my usual 3-ingredient banana cake! :) I just added in fresh blueberries and chocolate.

Oil-free and gluten-free.

These are really tiny two-bite muffins! 

I used Droste dark chocolate pastilles. It's much sweeter than I'd like it to be, but it's a good sweetness for baking I guess! I like the pastille shape though - I wish there was a more bitter version.

Usually my fluffy 3-ingredient banana cake is made with 1/2 cup oat flour, 2/3 medium banana and 1 tsp baking powder. These turned out slightly denser though, perhaps because my oat-to-banana ratio is higher.

I used both chopped dark chocolate and cacao nibs (only in the batter), but you can use just dark chocolate if you'd like. I added cacao nibs because I was lazy to chop more chocolate lols. But they gave the muffins a nice crunch! ^^

Easy to make... and easy to finish hehe.


Blueberry Banana Choc Chip Muffins
Makes about 10 two-bite muffins

Ingredients
• Scant 2 cups oat flour (rolled oats pulsed in food processor)
• about 1 1/2 cup banana purée (about 3 medium bananas)
• 1/4 cup blueberries
• 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate + cacao nibs
• 2 tsp baking powder

1. Mix flour and baking powder together.
2. Mix in banana purée until flour is evenly moist. Dough should be very thick. 
3. Fold in blueberries and chocolate.
4. Press into mini muffin cups. Top with more chocolate if desired.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 mins (depending on size) at 180°C.
6. Cool and enjoy!




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. aw so cute! i love the ingredients - although i don't think they have oat flour where i live, but i guess you could just take oats, toss them in a high-speed blender and blend until they're very fine and sort of like flour... right?
    also, i love how the ingredients don't actually call for baking - i mean, they COULD all be eaten raw... so maybe i'll even experiment with that... can't wait to try these!
    x maisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. **well, except for the baking powder... that HAS to be baked i guess :'D but maybe i'll just skip that and try making a raw version of this!

      Delete
    2. Hehe yes! It's more like baked oatmeal :) I forgot to mention that I made the oat flour by pulsing rolled oats in the food processor, so yes, you're right! ^^ Have fun making them!!

      Delete
    3. :') sweet! they will definitely be part of my mum's birthday buffet next week!!

      Delete