Latest Posts

Baja Fresh Mexican Grill @ Bras Basah

By 08:51 ,

Baja Fresh Mexican Grill is a Mexican restaurant (duh) that's a walking distance Dhoby Ghaut MRT. It serves mostly meat dishes, but there are a few vegan options!

Hehehe the last time I had anything remotely Mexican was many years ago. I was excited!

I really wanted to try the food here after seeing posts by Cheryl (@cheryleatsveg) on Instagram! According to her, the Veggie Fajitas are vegan without the sour cream. So I ordered that and asked for no sour cream, and the person taking my order offered to add an extra scoop of guacamole and more lettuce. Yay! ^^ 

The Veggie Mexicano burrito, Bare burrito, and Original Baja Taco seems to be vegan too (the others have cheese), but it's better to double check when you order!

You order and pay at the counter, like at fast food restaurants. They bring your food to you though! At the counter there are displays of the tacos and tortillas for people who don't know what they are. 

If I'm not wrong, I think I remember seeing hand sanitiser at the counter. Since quite a few of the items have to be eaten with your hands. How considerate!

I don't know how long the Student Specials last, but 30% off is like WOW. That's quite a weird timing to eat though. Tea break after shopping maybe haha.

The salsas and stuff here are all free-flow! I like the salsa & chiles... or was it the salsa molcajete? They look the same. They're not very hot though. The salsa baja isn't as yummy compared to those.

The pico de gallo (wow I never knew that that's what they're called) is so yummy! We liked the peppery one at the bottom of this photo more! :)

My regular Veggie Fajita (pronounce it as fa-hi-ta) was $12.95, but with the 10% student discount it's $12.45. Fajitas come with tortillas (I chose corn, my friend chose wheat), beans, fire-grilled veggies, guacamole, lettuce, Baja rice and chips! Plus sour cream if you didn't ask to remove it. 

The guac was so smooth and creamy! And the Baja rice was good too. The romaine lettuce was fresh. The fire-grilled veggies were sweet and flavourful. And the beans were nice and soft. So yes, this meal was good! :) 

The beans come as either pinto beans or black beans; I think if you don't choose, they're given at random. There's like this whitish sprinkle on the beans though. It didn't taste like parmesan cheese to me..? I'll have to ask next time!

YUM YUM.

I reallllllly like the guac.

Taco in the making hehe. How are they actually supposed to be made? I ate the rest of the stuff deconstructed.
Corn tortillas come in threes because they're smaller, wheat tortillas come in twos because they're larger.

Erm. See what I did there.

It was a super filling and good meal! :) I'll definitely be back for more!


Baja Fresh Mexican Grill
9 Bras Basah Road
Singapore 189559
Walking distance from Dhoby Ghaut MRT - walk past Macdonald House and SOTA and you'll see it!
Open 11am - 10pm
Phone: 6337 7300



You Might Also Like

0 comments