Latest Posts

Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Cups! + my henna experience

By 09:50 ,

It's the time of the year where all the pumpkin-related food appear! #rhyme-y
I've made Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Cups before, and these are similar. It's really a breeze to make, and it uses just 5 basic ingredients!

Awkward hand shot lol.

Oh yeah and I did henna on Saturday for the first time! More about that below.

I filled some small silicon cups (from Daiso, as usual) with a layer of liquid chocolate, that's made of raw cacao powder, coconut oil and maple-flavoured golden syrup (because I didn't have any maple syrup on hand :x ).


After leaving the chocolate to harden in the freezer, I added on roasted pumpkin puree and chopped pecans. I made the pumpkin puree without adding any water or other ingredients, so it's really thick - somehow it was even thicker than the one I used for my pumpkin pie-in-a-jar! You can add spices to the pumpkin if you wish (eg. Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger).

And then, I poured on more chocolate before placing it back into the freezer.

And it's done! ^^ They're definitely larger than Reese's.

I used coconut oil (Jarrow's brand) that's liquid at room temperature (bought the wrong one -_-) so it melts super fast here in sunny Singapore. Which means that you need to eat it immediately after removing it from the freezer/fridge. It'll probably be better to use coconut oil that's solid at room temp, though there's an additional step of having to melt it before adding the cacao!

It's reallllly high-fat, but it's a once-in-a-while treat so it's fine I guess!

P.S I still have one chocolate PB cup from last year in my freezer....................

It's kinda messy when you bite down into it, since the pumpkin doesn't freeze as well and it's still soft. :x Leaving it longer in the freezer might help!

I had quite a bit of leftover chocolate, so I used these silicon chocolate moulds (also from Daiso). Bought these over a year ago and finally used it!

Each cavity is filled with about 1.5 tsp liquid chocolate. I still had enough leftover chocolate to fill up one silicon cup up to the brim!

LOOK! SNOWFLAKES. From my freezer.

So cool!

They look so cute!

Maybe next time I'll make them with dried fruit and sea salt (and hope that it turns out something like Chocolove's)!!


Super Simple Dark Chocolate
Recipe adapted from Veggienook and my previous try at making chocolate

Ingredients 
• 70g coconut oil, melted
• 40-45g raw cacao powder 
• 2 tbsp or more maple-flavoured golden syrup (or maple syrup)

Method
1. Stir in cacao into the coconut oil, tablespoon by tablespoon. Start with 40g cacao. 
2. Add in the golden/maple syrup. Mix well. If chocolate is too thin, add in more cacao.
3. Once desired consistency is reached, pour into molds or a tray and freeze for at least 10 mins. Remove from freezer and enjoy!


Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Cups
Makes 4 large cups

Ingredients
• about 1/3 batch of Super Simple Dark Chocolate, melted
• 3 tbsp roasted pumpkin purée 
• chopped pecans

Method
1. Pour about 3/4 tbsp melted chocolate into small silicon moulds. Freeze for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from the freezer. Spread about 3/4 tbsp pumpkin purée onto the chocolate. Sprinkle on chopped pecans.
3. Pour on more melted chocolate until pecans are covered.
4. Freeze for 15 minutes or more. Remove from freezer and enjoy!




It's Deepavali this coming Wednesday, so I went to an Indian pasar malam (market) kinda place opposite Mustafa on Saturday!
It was like super humid! There's many henna stalls around and we decided to go for this one, which is kinda cheaper than the others.

I wanted to get this $5 design on one hand..

But the henna person (what are they called?) gave me this other one instead. She didn't follow the patterns my friends gave too ._.

The process takes a couple of minutes (wow the henna people earn a lot, especially since most designs are above $12), and then it takes about half an hour or more to dry completely.

It looks orange-y after removing the dried henna bits (which look like chocolate shavings lols).

Hehe our hennas and my friend's extra hand. Their hennas were priced at $12 or $15. More costly designs are more intricate and go further up your arm heh. 

It gets darker on the second day; I woke up and it looked like this. Hmm I think it'll be nicer if it didn't go all the way up my finger! Oh well, it was a fun experience nonetheless. ^^ I applied Axe oil on it after I came home, which makes it last longer, according to my Indian friend. So this should last for two weeks!

I hope I won't get sick of it. Though I think I will LOL. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments