Latest Posts

BRUNEUS - superfood & nut clusters!

By 02:00 ,

The Bruneus line of products, produced by Superlative Foods, is a brand created with the aim of bringing nutrient-rich food to the public. They have kindly sent me some of their products to try and review. :) The products all vegan, gluten-free and organic, plus they don't contain additives or preservatives! By the way, 'Bruneus' means dark brown/brownish in Latin, and it represents the colour of cacao nibs!

Their products are all manufactured in Singapore! The ingredients are sourced sustainably and fair-trade from Bali. They work directly with a small group of cacao and coconut palm farmers and support them in having a better livelihood, wow!

The sweetener used in Bruneus products is coconut flower sugar, which is much higher in vitamins and minerals and lower in glycemic index than regular sugar!

Here's what I thought about the 5 products:

The Sweet Cacao Nibs are just subtly sweet - I usually eat the unsweetened ones but even so, I didn't think that these were too sweet! If you're new to raw cacao, this would be a good introduction.

The Chia Seed and Raw Cacao were noticeably sweeter! It was a really interesting combination of crunchiness from the seeds and the cacao nibs. The shapes reminded me of the tiny, colourful pebble-shaped candies I used to eat as a kid. But of course these are much healthier and atas haha. 

The Activated Cashews/Almonds/Walnuts and Cacao Nibs were like nothing I've ever tasted before - in a good way! Although they're raw and all, they have this caramelised, slightly savoury taste. There are specks of cacao nibs coating the nuts. My favourite would be the cashews!

Activating nuts involves a tedious process of soaking, sprouting and dehydrating at low temperatures. This removes the enzyme inhibitors and improves digestion, increasing the nutrient value of the nuts. I don't eat nuts very often because they usually leave me feeling heavy and bloated - a sign of indigestion. However, these activated nuts from Bruneus do not! They were filling but I didn't feel like they took very long to digest.

Other than eating them on it's own, I also like to have them as a topping for smoothie bowls!

They're also great to have on rice cakes and toast. :)

Their prices range from $7.90 to $8.90 for a 75g bag. Sounds pricey, but I think it's worth it for the amount and quality of ingredients! You can find out more from their website superlativefoods.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments