Latest Posts

Tofu Scramble & Toast

By 09:34 ,

A quick & easy lunch of tofu scramble, rye toast and salad with lemon tahini dressing.

Managed to grill the tomatoes nicely using a grill pan I got from Cold Storage yay! :) 


How I usually do my tofu scramble is I lightly 'pan-fry' the veggies (here I used carrot, red capsicum & green capsicum) in a bit of water first, then crumble the firm tofu with my hand and add that in. Stir it around until most of the water is gone, and add nutritional yeast, pepper and a pinch of turmeric/curry powder.

I bought the avocado just the day before and it was really unripe, so I googled and found this method of ripening it quickly - wrap in aluminum foil and bake it at 120 deg C for about 20 minutes. I didn't have foil so I wrapped it in baking paper, and I had to leave it in the oven for 30-40 mins before it was soft. The avocado was easy to cut open but taste-wise it's a bit odd. Like it's slightly eggy and powdery like an egg yolk. ._. Did I leave it in the oven for too long, or should I have left it at 100 deg C instead? 

Have a great day ahead!
☺


You Might Also Like

0 comments