PB Banana Cups & Homemade Chocolate
Peanut Butter Banana Cups!
My first try at making PB cups and chocolate from scratch! ☺
I've only tried Reese's PB cups once so I don't know how this measures up, but it was GOOD.
Perhaps I shouldn't compare.
A thick dark chocolate shell that cracks to reveal creamy peanut butter and melty, sweet banana.
The top layer looks a lighter shade than the bottom layer because I tried adding some soymilk to make the chocolate less thick - I added too much cocoa/carob powder and the chocolate became a thick, unflowy lump. >< But don't bother with the soymilk, it doesn't help!
Added cacao nibs on top to cover up the uneveness of the chocolate! :X I'm glad I did it though, gives a different texture and crunch!
I used silicon baking cups from Daiso (a $2 store). ☺
I probably have a million food-related items from Daiso in my kitchen now.
I used the remaining chocolate to make chocolate bark! But because I added too much cocoa/carob powder, it became too thick to pour -_-
Topped this with dried cranberries and freeze dried pineapple.
They do melt very quickly though :X
Next time, I'll try this with raw cacao and raw nut butter! ☺ And make sure I don't add too much cacao!!
Homemade Dark Chocolate
Recipe adapted from Veggienook
Can be made raw!
Rich and amazing.
This tastes slightly sweeter than Lindt's 99% chocolate. (Which I LOVED until I bought cacao nibs) So feel free to add more maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener) accordingly!
At first, I added 50g cocoa/carob to 50g coconut oil, but it was too thin. Then I added 15g more cocoa/carob, but it became too thick. So I added 20g coconut oil. It remained thick. -_- So.. just watch the amount of cocoa/carob/cacao you add in!!
Ingredients
- 70g coconut oil, melted
- 50-65g cocoa, carob, or raw cacao powder (or a mix of these)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup, or more to taste
Method
- Sift cocoa into the melted coconut oil. Start with 50g. Mix well.
- Add in the maple syrup. Mix well.
- If chocolate is too thin, add in more cocoa, 5g at a time.
- Once desired consistency is reached, pour into molds or a tray and freeze for at least 30 mins.
PB Banana Cups
Ingredients
- homemade dark chocolate
- peanut butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- banana, thinly sliced
- cacao nibs (optional)
Method
- Press/pour chocolate into small silicon molds.
- If your chocolate is liquidy, freeze for 10 mins before continuing. If your chocolate is thick, skip this step.
- Place 1 banana slice on the chocolate.
- Drop about 3/4 tsp of peanut butter onto the banana slice.
- Place another banana slice on top.
- Press/pour in more chocolate
- Add cacao nibs on top if desired.
- Freeze for at least 30 mins. Enjoy! ☺







0 comments