Latest Posts

Singapore // Herbivore + LingZhi

By 08:21 , ,

Herbivore Japanese Vegetarian Restaurant
The last time I ate here was probably 4 years ago and I thought it was pretty expensive. But I guess as a restaurant this is the kinda price! Some items aren't vegan but the waitress was able to clearly state which items were vegan/veganisable.

We had the Unagi Maki ($14) (w/o mayo bc they still don't have vegan mayo :/ ), Spicy Ramen Set ($18) and Hot ChaSoba ($9). With GST and service charge this was about $48. The unagi maki and spicy ramen were delicious - I drank a lot of the ramen broth heh. The dumplings and chasoba weren't exceptional though.

Fortune Centre
190 Middle Road #01-13/14 Singapore 188979
Open daily 11.30am-10pm (we were there for a late lunch and we just made it for the last order since they close for a break at 3pm if I'm not wrong)


LingZhi
Lunched here with my parents and grandma! This is the branch at Liat Towers and we've been here a couple of times before.

This is the Hot and Sour Soup ($8). This is a single serving but we shared it amongst the four of us lol. A nice level of spice but I won't be able to finish one serve by myself.

Deep-fried Seaweed Yam Roll ($16). It's like sushi but with yam instead of rice. The salad in the middle provided a refreshing balance!

Stir-fried Eggplant with 'Gan Xiang' Sauce ($16). It looks much more brown than the photo on the menu haha. It was nicely spicy! I didn't know what gan xiang sauce was but I've just Googled and it's what dry chili crab is cooked in apparently. 

Abacus Seeds with White Pepper Sauce served with Crispy Sweet Potato ($18). It was here that I realised that I love abacus omg (that's why I also had it at Sunny Choice). The sweet potato part was delicious too! It's the orange sweet potato variety and it was pretty sweet. This looks nicer than on the menu actually - the fried sweet potato teardrop shape was made so well! 

Fragrant Mushroom Tea ($22). This was much needed after all the fried dishes. As the name suggests it's chock-full of mushrooms! I think my Dad can cook something similar though LOL. If you order this it might be easier if you ask for the king oyster mushrooms to be cut smaller - they were in huge chunks which made it difficult to eat.

At the end of the meal we were told that the menu is new and had just been released for a week (if I remember correctly). The food portions were pretty reasonable (except the yam roll seems kinda pricey) and we dabao-ed leftovers for dinner! Overall food was good but we'll probably order less fried things next time haha

541 Orchard Road, Liat Towers #05-01, Singapore 238881
Open daily
Lunch: 11am-3pm
Dinner: 6pm-10pm



You Might Also Like

0 comments