The Month of July
Okay something more positive now! Or not. Monkeys came into my house one day while my family was out and stole my bananas (and some bread) -_- And they didn't even finish eating it. And so I was banana-less for a day. Lols. And it's not the first & last time that monkeys have come. A couple of Wednesdays ago, I was in the kitchen when I heard doors and windows slamming shut and the shouts of my neighbour ("Get out!") Haha. Then I saw the monkey on my balcony (It landed with a loud thump! It jumped over from my neighbour's balcony.) And so I ran to the balcony door and closed it. Afterwards I heard from my dad that a monkey went up to another neighbour's house upstairs, into the bedroom (directly above mine) and scratched his daughter. :O How scary. Now we keep the kitchen windows closed. o_o
See. Eww. And the rest of the bananas were out the window. Such a wasteful monkey :x
Also, I made chocolate for the first time! It was amazing. ♡♡♡
Oh yes, and remember how in my The Month of June post I said that in July I'd not eat after 8? Well, I failed =_= The first week went well.. then I went back to my old habits of just eating the whole night. Though I don't really get hungry after dinner. Actually it was mostly because of stress, I've realised. Like the second week of June was super stressful and so I fell off the wagon. (And didn't get back up again) Though sometimes I find it hard to finish eating at 8pm because sometimes by the time I reach home from school, it's nearly 7. (Afterwhich I'll eat some fruits, cook, bathe, then have dinner!) So on a few occasions I rush to finish my dinner by 8, which totally defeats the purpose. I tried to stop eating at 8 after the first week, but I only lasted until 9. Oh well.
At least I've learnt that: 1. I don't really listen to my body's fullness signal, I just finish everything that I start eating. 2. I often eat because of stress, boredom, to procrastinate, and not because of real hunger. 3. I should have better self-control!

YES. ME.
(btw this and the following photos are not mine!)
A lot of my 'hunger' falls under enotional hunger..
And I also mentioned previously that I'll drink at least a cup a day of soymilk. So on nearly all days last month, I did. But I've decided to stop, partly because I feel no need for milk/mylk and also because I think it gives me gas :X Lols. And there's also the controversy about soy and whether it's good for you. Well, I don't really know if it's true that it's bad, but it's still a gazillion times better than meat! I can't do without tofu, tempeh and edamame! ;)
Of course, with stress, overeating and lack of exercise comes poor body image. Sigh. Well this helps:

And now I'd just like to share some interesting stuff that I've screen-shot-ed last month! :)
♡ I LOVE this quote! ♡
And this too! Yes, it's not as difficult as you'd think. @VeganTweeter has such great tweets. And I also like @healthygirltip! ☺
Yep. Found this a long long time ago.
Also.. I've realised that I don't enjoy learning nutrition for meat-eaters. Because it's really not what I believe in and know to be true. Sigh. There is not such thing as a nutrition school for Vegans right? ☹☹☹
LOL. But still, how sad for the chickens.
Such a cute cow ♡
Going for Bikram yoga tomorrow after not going for 2 Saturdays! Yay!
Hopefully someday I'll be able to do these poses this well! So far only my corpse pose is fine LOL. And sometimes I still fidget or close my eyes :x
So for the next 3 weeks I'll have a presentation, a test and 3 exams >< Can't wait for August to end! Hope you're having a better month than I am; have a great day ahead! ♡ (Lols I typed this out near midnight when I was so tired & now that it's morning I realized that there's so many mistakes!)














0 comments