♡ Hello Kitty Cakes ♡ (Raspberry-Banana & Chocolate-Banana)
Hello Kitty Cakes! Mini Raspberry-Banana and Chocolate-Banana cakes stuffed with vanilla tofu cream (which I piped successfully!) and frozen raspberries. Sweet, sour, fluffy and creamy! With kiwi-mint sauce at the side.
Aren't they so cute?!?! Oh my gosh I'm not even that big of a Hello Kitty fan but these are just TOO CUTE!!!! ♡♡♡
AHHHH so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got this at Bangkok! Such a steal. It was about SGD$10-12 I think. So cheap! :D
The raspberry-banana batter look so prettily pink before baking, but sadly it turned into a dull brown. Oh well, at least it tasted good! ;)
I used my usual banana-oat cake recipe, but with spelt flour instead of oat flour this time. I divided the batter into two and added a heaped tbsp. of crushed frozen raspberries to half and about 2/3 tbsp. cacao to the other half.
In my heart I'm gushing 'omg so cute!!!!'
I made the vanilla tofu cream with 1 small block soft, firm tofu (best to choose one that doesn't have that strong of a bean-y taste, if you mind it), 1 tsp vanilla essence and stevia to taste. Blend all ingredients together, fill it into a piping bag and chill in the fridge before using.
For the kiwi-mint sauce, it's simply 1/2 ripe organic kiwi blended with a few large leaves of mint! :)
Raspberry-Banana & Chocolate-Banana Mini Cakes
Makes 2-3 small cakes, about 1 of each flavour
- 1/3 cup spelt flour (40g), or oat flour
- 2/3 medium, ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. (frozen) raspberries, crushed (or other berries of choice)
- 2/3 tbsp. cacao/cocoa powder
- 2-4 tbsp. water
- Add flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Puree banana and add to dry ingredients. It should be enough to turn it into a thick batter.
- Divide batter into two.
- In one half, add the raspberries and stir well. Add water if batter is too thick.
- In the other half, add the cacao and water.
- Pour into lightly greased muffin tin/silicon molds and bake at 180 deg C for about 20 mins. (Baking time may vary due to differences in bakeware.)
Have a lovely day! ♡
0 comments