Tropical Fruit Pizza on a Gluten-Free Pumpkin Crust! ♡
A pizza... or an edible plate?
Tropical Fruit Pizza on a Gluten-Free Pumpkin Crust!
A crumbly, (and yet it holds together enough to pick it up in your hand!) thin, pumpkin crust topped with silky smooth avocado-orange cream, cubed mango and dragonfruit, goji berries, millet puffs and a large scoop of So Delicious' Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream!!
So very yummy and filling! :) I'm so glad that the crust turned out well - I made this with a mix of oat flour and coconut flour.
For the avocado-orange cream, I made it by blending 1/2 a ripe avocado with the juice & pulp of 1/2 a medium orange. The orange prevents it from turning brown and add a delightful tangy sweetness! :)
This ice cream is the sugar free one! It tastes quite similar to regular chocolate ice cream, but I find that it's kinda got a weird artificial sugar taste. It uses erythritol (a sugar alcohol) which supposedly shouldn't have an aftertaste though! I'll try the original one next time :)
I bought the ice cream because it was on reduced-to-clear (at Cold Storage). Hahaha it has since been expired for over a month, but it still tastes fine and I didn't get a stomachache ;) By the way, each 1/2 cup, 100 kcal serving has 10 GRAMS FIBER!!! :O This is amazing considering that most ice creams barely even have 1g. I mean, you could almost say that this is a health food. LOL.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Crust
Serves 1 hungry person
- scant 1/2 cup oat flour (rolled oats pulsed in food processor)
- 1 rounded tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/3 cup homemade roasted pumpkin puree (canned is fine too)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- optional: cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice
Method
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree. The dough should be slightly moist and mushy.
- Spread out the dough on a well-oiled parchment paper. It should be roughly 3mm thick.
- Bake at 150 deg C for about 20 mins in a preheated oven, or until lightly browned at the edges.
- Leave to cool slightly before carefully peeling off the crust from the parchment paper. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
0 comments